CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 19, 2008

To Paul




Paul,

Everyday I watch you grow with such amazement. I can’t believe your dad and I created something so beautiful. You are the hardest most rewarding job I have ever had. I don’t know if it is even a job…it’s a privilege. I am privileged to be your mommy. Everyday I pray for you. I pray that you will be a respectable, loving, intelligent, sincere, empathetic, courageous, thoughtful, God loving man. I pray that I will teach you to treat others kindly and to always stand up for what you believe in.

I love you more than anything in this whole world. A parents love is something I can’t describe. It’s a deeper more passionate love. It’s a love I’ve never experienced before. You will understand someday when you have your own children.

I love that the moment you were born you recognized my voice. I love having such a connection with you. Although sometimes it is tiring I love feeling so needed. I hope that I raise you to be an independent man but I hope that you always make me feel needed in some way.

You are my heart and soul!

Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

Jenn Ruggles said...

sniff, sniff. Awesome letter. You wrote about not being able to describe a parents love, that's so true. And now on Christmas and Easter I can only imagine how Mary felt. I have never been able to relate until I had kids and especially after I had Silas. I can't even imagine how she felt and the pain and joy that went through her heart.
Thanks for sharing this letter to Paul with all of us.
I have a friend who writes a letter to her children on their birthday. I think this is something I am going to start doing. It would have been great to start on Ellie's first birthday but better now than never.

valerie said...

sarah that's so beautiful!

I can't believe how big Paul is!!! I can't wait to see him again!

julie p said...

precious....your words are so insightful and mature for a young mommy. Paul is a lucky boy in so many ways. I can't wait to see what God has in store for your beautiful family!