CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Paul,

I am way behind on my monthly letters to you. I blame the holidays. You are growing faster and faster each day. It does not seem like almost 6 months ago that we were in the hospital with you.

Since the last time I wrote to you, you have explored many new things. You tried your first baby food at Thanksgiving. It was sweet potatoes. It seemed to go well.

You experienced your first Christmas with my side of the family and daddy's side of the family. You received many toys and lots of fun stuff. It's no secret that people love you and just couldn't wait to spoil you.

New Years came and went. You celebrated New Years Eve by watching Horton Hears a Who. You fell asleep in my arms and your dad and I finished the movie : )

Little to your knowledge you were a part of history in the making. The first African American officially became the President Elect on January 20, 2009. I wonder if you will later read his inauguration speech in your history books.

As far as development goes you are gradually making progress. You are now rolling from your belly to your back, putting the pacifier in your own mouth, sitting up on your own (for the most part), and trying to become my helper as I feed you baby food. I believe your favorite baby foods so far are pears, oatmeal with apples and bananas, and green beans.

Your favorite toy right now is probably a horse with a bouncy seat in the middle that Grandma Rittenour bought for you for Christmas and a toy zoo with lights and sounds that daddy and I bought for you.

I am looking forward to the new adventures that month 6 will bring.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Jenn Ruggles said...

That's so sweet. I love that picture of him.

Tersie said...

He is a cutie!! What a sweet idea to write letters. They do grow up so fast!