CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 23, 2009

First Year

Almost a month late posting but here is my 1 year letter to Paul.

Paul,

I can not believe it has been a year since you entered our life. Before you were born a had a lot of people tell me that you would change my life. I knew you would but I didn't know how much. You have had such an impact on your dad and I. I didn't know such love was possible. One day you'll know how I feel.

Your first year of life has brought on so many small victories. Sitting up, rolling, crawling, talking, walking. All in which are things a baby does. However, we are so blessed that you are healthy and able to do all of these things with no hesitation.

You have fit into our life perfectly. And matter of fact have made life more enjoyable. Seeing the world through the eyes of a child again makes even the simplest of things spectacular. Sometimes as an adult you forget to stop and enjoy things (especially God's things) as a spectacular creation.

You are growing so fast. The other day I put you in your car seat and you threw your pacifier. I handed it back to you and you threw it again. I looked at you with those “mother eyes” (I'm sure when you read this later in life you'll know the ones I'm talking about) and said Paul (with some kind of discernment) and you said No and put the pacifier back in your mouth. At age one you already knew the next word that was going to come out of my mouth and decided it wasn't worth it and stuck the pacifier back in your mouth in mutual agreement. Can't wait for what the next few years may bring.

Love,
Mom




1 comment:

stampingwithlulu said...

You've come a long way, baby!