CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Pregnancy

I'm not really sure how to start out this post. I just want to talk about being pregnant and the joys and effects. I feel so blessed and so completely amazed that I am going to be a parent. How could this human being be forming in me? I am holding a life. Wow! A life! I've never wanted so many random things from double cheeseburgers, to thinking the existence of a hamburger was repulsive, to Doritos and melted cheese, then lucky charms and chocolate milk, and now I believe I still like the Chocolate milk but I would have to say Cardo's Salad with ranch is a new craving. I also am in love with boneless Honey B.B.Q. wings from Buffalo Wild Wings.

I generally enjoy being pregnant. However, I don't like the comments of "wow you look huge" and "are you having twins'? For the record I'm not having twins and this question makes me want to dig a hole, sit in it for awhile, cry, and then return to normal life lol!

I'm just generally in awe. I can't believe this miracle. I'm completely amazed by God's work. Feeling this tiny baby move I think to myself...how can anyone deny there is a God?

2 comments:

julie p said...

Wow! Again, congrats! You are going to be the best Mommy....(and Brian is sure to be a pretty good Dad as well!). God blesses in amazing ways. You deserve it!

Love you, Sarah.

jodi said...

I've never understood what it is about pregnancy that makes people think they can say whatever they want to an expectant mother. I remember having my feelings hurt so many times when I was pregnant. My school secretary actually looked at me one day (when I was about 8 months along with Kate) and said, "Oh honey, your butt is getting so big." And she meant it. I was crushed.

As a result, I always try to ask an expecting mommy how she is feeling, tell her she looks beautiful, etc.

Just expect some really "dumb" comments as you progress in your pregnancy and take them with a grain of salt. You're blessed, and beyond that, nothing else matters.