CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I Don't Believe You Anymore!

Dearest Lucifer,

Here I am! I am here face to face and heart to heart. I have something that I have to tell you. For years I let you try to dominate me. For years I let you whisper your seductive lies into my ears. I let you tell me I was stupid, ugly, worthless, a bad Christian, a bad wife, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. I let you belittle me. I let you tell me lies and I even believed you.

You told me that the trials in life that I faced were because I deserved it. I deserved them all because I was a bad Christian and I had it coming.

You told me I couldn’t help with the youth group. You told me I couldn’t do it because I would fail. I have only met with them once but I already know you are wrong!

You told me not to take on the job I have now. You told me I would fail. I would be too stupid to handle it. You were wrong!

You told me that I couldn’t stay married. It would be too hard to stay married at my young age. That the first year would be so hard I would want to quit. I have been married almost 3 years! You were wrong!

You told me I couldn’t move in with my mom and dad and take care of them. I have! When my mom passed away you told me it was my fault! I could have helped her more! I didn’t do enough! You were wrong!

You told me I will never be loved. I am loved by my husband, my family, my friends, my church…again…you were wrong!

You bound me in chains and took the key to the lock. I believed you and you held me captive for a long time. Finally, I have trusted in the Lord and he has broken your deadly chains!

Get out! We are over! I fully belong to God now! I don’t need you! Goodbye!

7 comments:

ESnod said...

Wow Sarah, this is very powerful. I am glad you are free!

lauren. said...

hi sarah-
i can't tell you how much your comment meant to me. i'm glad that you have entered the blogging world!

this was a great post. i look forward to reading more. =)

T5Guy said...

Great Post! I look forward to reading more...

julie p said...

wow, sarah, looks like you have conquered any doubts or fears that have stood in your way...YOU GO, GIRL! just know that you have MANY friends who will stand alongside you when you need us...

the beautiful little sarah i remember in second grade with Troy- Mrs. Peters' class - dressed as an Indian girl for the Halloween party. I asked Jamie, "Who is that beautiful little girl?" You haven't change a bit! Beautiful outside and inside... Wow--time flies!

jaki good said...

sarah
reading your post gave me powerful chills! i, too spent some time in plato's cave, believing satan's shadow lies that danced on the wall.
but how liberating when you discover the truth of who you really are in Christ! i am so glad "Old things pass away....All things become new!"

you bless me sarah rittenour!!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I agree. Powerful. I can't help but to think about how many of our youth may share the same feelings/fears, but don't know how to reach out for help. Or worse, don't believe that help is available. I'd love to know if you have any insight as to how we can address this with RVCC youth.

Sarah said...

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all of your posts. You make me feel as if I can say anything I want on my blog and it will be ok. That all of you will still be ok with talking to me lol!

Erica-I'm glad to be free! Thanks for supporting me always!

Lauren-I think you are more of an inspiration than you even know!

Marty-Don't worry I'm sure there will be more!

Julie P.-You make me blush!

Jaki- No Jaki Good you bless me!

Laura-The best thing to do is lead by example. However, maybe we could start a debate at River Valley. Maybe some adult's could speak with the kids and talk to them about their fears and faults. Perhaps that would make them comfortable.