CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Lifting the Veil!

Here I am writing my first blog. Something I thought I would never do. Why? Because I don’t know if I trust you. I might unleash some part of me that you don’t like. I might be too honest. I might be too blunt. I may say something you don’t agree with. I may just cause you to judge me! Anyways, here I am! I am smart, funny, displeased with my self, I worry what you think, I don’t read my bible as often as I should, I might contradict myself, I will value your opinions, for more of who I am read these lyrics below….

She can kill with a smile
She can wound with her eyes
She can ruin your faith with her casual lies
And she only reveals what she wants you to see
She hides like a child
But she's always a woman to me

She can lead you to love
She can take you or leave you
She can ask for the truth
But she'll never believe "you"
And she'll take what you give her, as long as it's free
Yeah, she steals like a thief
But she's always a woman to me

CHORUS
Oh-she takes care of herself
She can wait if she wants
She's ahead of her time
Oh-and she never gives out
And she never gives in
She just changes her mind

And she'll promise you more
Than the Garden of Eden
Then she'll carelessly cut you
And laugh while you're bleedin'
But she'll bring out the best and the worst you can be
Blame it all on yourself
Cause she's always a woman to me

CHORUS
She is frequently kind
And she's suddenly cruel
She can do as she pleases
She's nobody's fool
But she can't be convicted
She's earned her degree
And the most she will do
Is throw shadows at you
But she's always a woman to me-Billy Joel/She's Always a Woman to Me

I just lifted my veil and now that you know who I am will you still love me anyways?
“ make this your common practice : confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you can live together whole and healed...” - james 5:16

3 comments:

steve said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!!!
Glad you took a chance and "lifted the veil"

ESnod said...

Ahhhh, my dear Suddenly Sarah! You rock! Have I told you that yet today? I do love you in so many ways. I look forward to our little challenges. Put it on me girl. Funny, but in the little bit of time we have known each other, in this present moment, you probably know me just about as well as anyone else in this present moment. Okay, I know, I am weird...Oh by the way, have I said...you rock? Thank you for everything you do...

jaki good said...

sarah
i can't put my finger on it - but you are special - you are wise beyond your years. so glad you are blogging...in our busy lives, i find blogging enables me to keep in touch with others as i read their blogs and they read mine.
i love the name - suddenly sarah.
looking forward to reading your posts.